Have your brushing skills improved as of late? As a habit that you should be practicing at least twice daily, would you say that you are doing an astonishing job brushing your teeth? Although many people take additional care to brush their teeth effectively, they fail to remember to take care of their brush as well. Here are few suggestions to help you find and care for the perfect toothbrush:
– Look for a toothbrush that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance or has been approved or recommended by your dentist for everyday use.
– Older individuals or people who cannot easily brush their teeth and gums should consider an electric toothbrush to make brushing easier.
– A toothbrush is no good if it gets dirty, so be sure to keep your brush clean when not in use and replace it every 3-4 months.
– A good toothbrush has soft bristles and fits easily into your mouth with a brush head that is small enough to effortlessly fit in your mouth but large enough to reach all areas inside it.
– Never exchange toothbrushes with other people, or cross-contaminate them against other toothbrushes.
If you would like to book a professional cleaning with Dr. Alberto A. Herrero and the rest of our team here at Alberto A. Herrero, DDS, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our number is 734-222-9140. We look forward to helping you decide which options will work best in your quest for a whiter smile.