A dental crown or cap is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, appearance, and strength. The dental crown will cover the entire visible portion of the tooth.
When might Dr. Alberto A. Herrero recommend a dental crown in Ann Arbor, Michigan?
– To cover misshaped or badly stained teeth
– To cover a dental implant
– To improve the appearance of a tooth
– To keep a weak tooth from breaking
– To hold together a cracked tooth
– To restore a tooth that is broken or badly worn
– To support a tooth with a large dental filling
– To anchor a dental bridge
How do I care for a tooth with a dental crown?
A tooth with a dental crown does not require any special care. However, a tooth that is covered with a dental crown is not immune to decay or gum disease. Continue to practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day, taking extra care around the dental crown where the gum meets the tooth. Also, rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash at least once every day.
Feel free to contact our office today to learn more about dental crowns and to schedule a visit with our dentist.